Saturday, March 29, 2008

my rock


Last night I was struggling with my prayer. My mind was all over the place (as is perpetual), and I was getting frustrated that I couldn't concentrate. Then I noticed I was still "saying" my prayer. Like noticing my feet were still solidly planted on a flagstone even though I was staring at the clouds. I felt relieved and grateful, and very peaceful just then. My prayer was an anchor. And here was a presence, like honey, just gently and happily regarding me.

After a while longer, I stopped. I bowed my head and stretched from side to side. I sat back upright again and looked around at the room. The sofa and carpet and the clock and the lamps and television and chair and dog and books and cats were all still there. They and me were all each separate, but also each together.

I was still. Everything was still. Everything was still praying?

Amen.

No comments: